Dr. Yael Rothman (née Granader) is a pediatric neuropsychologist and licensed psychologist in Maryland, Washington D.C., and New York. She specializes in comprehensive evaluations for children, adolescents, and young adults with developmental, medical, learning, or social-emotional issues. Prior to joining The Stixrud Group in 2017, Dr. Rothman spent three years as a pediatric neuropsychologist at Children’s National Health System and assistant professor in the Department of Pediatrics and Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the George Washington University Medical Center. At Children’s National Health System Dr. Rothman completed individual and multidisciplinary team-based neuropsychological evaluations with youth with medical or developmental concerns, social skills weaknesses, difficulties with attention or inhibitory control, learning disabilities, and/or communication difficulties through the general neuropsychology program, the Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders, and the Comprehensive Pediatric Epilepsy Program.
Dr. Rothman completed her graduate training at the Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University. She knew that she wanted to focus her studies on pediatric neuropsychology from the beginning of her graduate training, and was fortunate to have exceptional training experiences including the NYU Child Study Center, NYU Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, and Mount Sinai School of Medicine: Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. She then went on to complete her predoctoral internship at the Children’s Hospital Colorado and her postdoctoral fellowship at Children’s National Health System. In addition to her clinical training, she has experience with clinical research, with publications and presentations at national and international conferences. Her research has focused on neurodevelopmental conditions.
Dr. Rothman and her colleague, Dr. Katia Fredriksen, have teamed together to share evidence-based information with the public through Instagram and can be found @neuropsychmomdocs. In addition, they have collaborated to write a series of children’s books to teach elementary-aged children about their diagnoses and the first book, Different Thinkers ADHD, will be published in January 2024.
Services & Expertise
- Comprehensive neuropsychological evaluations with children, adolescents, and young adults
- Testing related to issues with academic achievement (including reading, writing, and math), attention and executive functioning skills (including time management, cognitive flexibility, and/or planning and organizational abilities), social functioning, language and communication, and emotional functioning.
Education & Training
- Fellowship in Pediatric Neuropsychology – Children’s National Health System
- APA-Accredited Internship – Neuropsychology Track – Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Clinical Psychology (with a health emphasis), Neuropsychology Minor – Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University, 2012
- Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology – Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University, 2010
- Bachelor of Science in Biopsychology and Cognitive Science – University of Michigan, 2005
- PSYPACT provider