Evaluations for Adults
The Stixrud Group serves adults of all ages. There are various reasons why you may want a neuropsychological evaluation. Some types of problems for which adults see us include:
- Concussion or traumatic brain injury
- Memory problems
- Problems with attention and concentration
- Difficulty with organization, time management, and work completion
- Difficulty with reading, writing, or math
- Difficulty succeeding in school
- Difficulty establishing independence as a young adult
The causes of these problems can include, but are not limited to:
- Normal aging
- Learning disabilities
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder [ADHD]
- Autism-spectrum disorders
- Other disorders starting in childhood
- Traumatic brain injury (mild [concussion] to severe)
- Seizure disorders (Epilepsy)
- Other brain disorders
- Psychiatric and psychological disorders
- Genetic disorders that can affect the brain
- Sleep disorders
- COVID-19 and other Health Conditions
Our neuropsychological evaluations are always determined by a client’s needs and particular problems. Our Client Care Managers will often consult with our neuropsychologists, to determine what type of evaluation is needed.
These evaluations include:
- A comprehensive evaluation, typically used when individuals have a need for academic accommodations or a question about specific learning disability.
- An abbreviated evaluation, typically used to determine accurate diagnoses, to identify cognitive strengths and challenges, and to generate recommendations for the future. The report is usually targeted and shorter.
We also have two types of specialized evaluations:
- Medico-legal evaluations, typically done for an attorney and in the context of a legal case.
- Independent medical evaluations, typically completed at the request of a disability insurance company, to assist with claim determinations.
To inquire about our services or to schedule an intake interview with a Client Care Manager, please call our main number at (301) 565-0534.