Asea was born in New York City, NY, but has enjoyed living in Maryland for the majority of her life. She pursued a career in psychology because of the multiple human interactions the field offers and the challenges it presents. Asea earned her Bachelor’s degree in psychology, with a minor in LGBT studies, at the University of Maryland College Park, and earned her Master’s degree in counseling at Towson University.
Prior to her current position as a Psychology Associate, Asea was employed at a crisis care center where she worked to provide effective and empathetic care for her clients and their families in various states of crisis. Before this, Asea worked with clients, both individually and in a group setting, to provide therapeutic services.
Services & Expertise
- Experience serving clients of all ages with a wide range of diagnoses across both nonprofit and private practice environments
Education & Training
- Licensed Psychology Associate – Board of Examiners of Psychologists, Maryland Department of Health
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology – Towson University
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with a minor in LGBT Studies – University of Maryland College Park
- Professional Member of the National Association of Psychometrists