Carol grew up in Southwest Virginia and earned her Bachelor of Science degree in psychology from Radford University. She then moved to Silver Spring, Maryland to complete her Master of Arts degree in clinical psychology from the American School of Professional Psychology, VIrginia Campus. Carol furthered her training by completing the Applied Behavior Analysis certification training at George Mason University and the William Stixrud-Strategies That Work tutor training program, and she is a certified Phono-Graphix and Read Naturally tutor.
Carol joined The Stixrud Group in 2001 and has extensive experience assisting in the administration of neuropsychological assessments for clients ranging from preschool through adulthood. Her expertise includes assessing clients with learning, attention, emotional, behavioral, and social challenges. As the Lead Psychology Associate, Carol assists in training new psychology associates and orienting new psychologists to the practice. She enjoys helping the practice stay abreast of the latest test versions and updates available to enhance their evaluation resources. Carol also facilitates sending rating scales to families and teachers so we can incorporate comprehensive data into each evaluation.
In addition to these roles, Carol offers abbreviated private school admissions evaluations for children and adolescents who need only a cognitive or academic test as part of their private school applications. She also finds fulfillment in tutoring clients, primarily those with reading, attention, and executive functioning difficulties.
Education & Training
- Licensed Psychology Associate – Board of Examiners of Psychologists, Maryland Department of Health
- Master of Arts degree in Clinical Psychology, American School of Professional Psychology, Virginia Campus – Rosslyn, Virginia
- Bachelor of Science degree, Radford University – Radford, Virginia
- Applied Behavior Analysis certification, George Mason University – Fairfax, Virginia
- Phono-Graphix certified tutor
- Read Naturally certified tutorBlind
- Professional Member of the National Association of Psychometrists