The Stixrud Group serves adults of all ages. We routinely evaluate adults with complex diagnostic issues that may date to childhood (developmental) or that may be new. There are various reasons why you may want a neuropsychological evaluation. Some types of problems for which adults see us include:
- Memory problems
- Problems with attention and concentration
- Difficulty with organization, time management, and work completion
- Difficulty with reading, writing, or math
- Difficulty succeeding in school
- Difficulty establishing independence as a young adult
The causes of these problems can include, but are not limited to:
- Normal aging
- Learning disabilities
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder [ADHD]
- Autism-spectrum disorders
- Other disorders starting in childhood
- Traumatic brain injury (mild [concussion] to severe)
- Seizure disorders (Epilepsy)
- Other brain disorders
- Psychiatric and psychological disorders
- Genetic disorders that can affect the brain
- Sleep disorders
- Health conditions that can affect the brain
Our neuropsychological evaluations are always determined by a client’s needs and particular problems. Our Clinical Care Managers will often consult with our neuropsychologists, to determine what type of evaluation is needed. These evaluations include:
- A comprehensive evaluation, typically used when individuals are seen for the first time, have a need for a very detailed report for academic accommodations, or prefer this level of evaluation.
- A differential diagnostic evaluation, typically used to sort out what is going on with the person and to make recommendations. Academic testing may be limited or not included at all, and the report is shorter.
We also have two types of specialized evaluations:
- Medico-legal evaluations, typically done for an attorney and in the context of a legal case. These cases are always reviewed with the attorney first, before they are accepted, to be sure that the neuropsychologist can serve the client in the best way.
- Independent medical evaluations, typically completed at the request of a disability insurance company, to determine a client’s level of disability and treatment needs.
To inquire about our services or to schedule an intake interview with a Clinical Care Manager, please call our main number at (301) 565-0534.